Technique to swim professional the crawl style
Swimming crawl is synchronizing arms and legs. You need to find the equilibrity, just like riding a bicycle. Technique is the most important issue...
Technique of the arm movement
||Mainly speaken you have 5 fazes :
- Input faze,
- carry faze,
- Pull faze,
- Push-out faze,
- Pull-over faze,
||The arm in crawl need to follow the "S"-shape in movement
Balance technique and rotation in crawl
||Rotation and balance of the body is very important.
Your body rotate automatically to this site where you pull-over your hand. This is good! You may rotate your body 30 degree easily!
The tumble turning in crawl or freestyle flip turn
||To execute the tumble, follow next steps :
- At the last movement, bring your arms next to your body;
- When you are close to the border, put your head down;
- Trow your body over your head and meanwhile put your arms (in straight position) up;
- Your feeds are now on the border of the swimming pool and push off;
- Turn your body and swim further.
Case study: a movie to analize my swimming style crawl
The movie is made to analyse my swimming style. In the first faze you see a view from the side. And in a second faze you see a view from the frond side.
The remarks by this movie:
- Bring the chin more down, to the breast but not touching the breast;
- Elbow more and faster turning, the airbubbles need to stick on the elbow;
- Elbow in faze "2" (see picture) more turning and a little bit more under the stomag;
- Hands may go widther inside the water, on the altitude of the shoulders;
- After faze "1" waithing a little bit longer to make the stroke length longer;
- Hands: pushing out faze my hand perpendecular on the water;
- Less depth strokes, shorter strokes with the legs;
Thanks to Christof De Belder and the KU Leuven Swimming team (Belgium) for the many years of coaching and the professional trainings.